Unipod has a big environmental conscience and has invested significantly to ensure that the environmental impact of its entire business is minimised at every level.
Unipod's Environmental Footprint
- In-house polystyrene recycling plant.
- Cardboard/paper recycling.
- Dust created from the manufacturing process is captured and recycled.
- Bulk bags, pallets, tie down netting/pegs and strapping recycling.
- Polystyrene collected from building sites state-wide and recyled at Unipod.
- Storm water collection for garden maintenance.
- Energy (Electricity, Gas and Steam) Consumption Minimisation Program.
- Drain protection devices installed to prevent PS contamination of stormwater.
- Green office principles adopted.
Unipod contribues to the community through a sries of programs within its organisation, local business and councils to increase awareness for the environment and recycling including:
Collection and recycling of polystyrene waste from community groups and councils.
Free collection and recycling of waste from large retail chains and local businesses.
Unipod is a proud member of Planet Ark Business Recycling.