Unipod's unique brick pattern provides an abundance of performance benefits.
Strength and Flexibility.
- Maximise strength whilst minimising volume.
- Cushioning beneath the steel reinforcement of concrete slab makes structure more durable and dimensionally stable.
- Structure remains inert.
- Brick pattern provides superior strength.
- Spacers do not push through Unipods.
- Safe and strong enough to walk on.
Unipod's unique brick pattern provides superior strength.
- EPS is highly energy efficient.
- Thermo-dynamic advantages are generated when on-ground slab is filled with air pockets.
- Insulating layer between structure and ground.
- Improved energy efficiency of house or building.
- Building warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer.
- Insulation benefit of up to R 1.0.
Decreased Concrete Usage.
- Slab requires less concrete, saving time and money.
- Brick pattern and sharp edges around top of pod, means less concrete is required.
- Concrete flow into underside of cut pods is restricted.
- Allow for more accurate calculation of concrete quantities.
- Reduced concrete waste and costs.
- Minimised OHS risk and site injuries.
Impervious to Water.
- Wet weather does not impede on quality.
- Low water absorption.
- Unaffected by water.
- No sagging or buckling even in the most adverse of weather conditions.
Safer, Quicker, Easier to Install.
- Light-weight and easy to handle.
- Delivered on site ready to install.
- Minimised labour time on site and associated costs.
- Unipod Interlock System holds Unipods together securely to avoid movement during concrete pours.
- Interlock System ideal for building sites exposed to high winds.
- Slab preparation is more reliable and sturdy during slab construction.